by Glenn Giles -- Denver, Colorado, USA
We at the Rocky Mountain School of Ministry and Theology are excited to announce that beginning this Fall Semester 2018 we will start two new Master’s Programs to meet the needs of our ICOC students, leaders, and churches. These two Programs are:
1. Master of Arts in Biblical Studies with Languages (48 semester hours) and
2. Master of Arts in Christian Counseling (36 semester hours)
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies with Languages degree will have the same core courses as the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies except that in addition it will also require 6 semester hours in NT Greek and 6 semester hours in OT Hebrew. It equips the Christian Minister or other Christian worker for deeper study of the Bible through the use of its original languages. Old Testament Hebrew will be offered beginning this Fall Semester 2018 and will be taught by Dr. Rolan Monje. New Testament Greek will be taught by Dr. Steve Kinnard and is slated to begin in the Fall Semester of 2019.
The Master of Arts in Christian Counseling is our newest MA program. It equips Christian leaders and other Christian workers to be able to counsel and minister to disciples in their church setting from a Biblical World View. This program will be overseen by Dr. Timothy Sumerlin. It will consist of 4 biblical courses and 8 counseling courses. This degree does not lead to Colorado State certification. Below are the details of this new degree:
Prerequisite: Approved Bachelor’s Degree in Any Discipline
From the Biblical Field (4 Courses)
1. GB501 Introduction to the Bible
2. CT611 Introduction to Christian Theology
3. NT653The Sermon on the Mount and Beyond
4. GB615 Biblical Hermeneutics and Exegesis
From the Christian Counseling and Christian Spirituality Fields (8 Courses)
1. PC600 Pastoral Care and Counseling
2. CS601 Introduction to Christian Spirituality/Formation
3. PC603 Marriage and the Family Counseling
4. PC622 Counseling Adolescents
5. PC645 Christian Sexuality Counseling
6. PC680 Depression, Anxiety, and Mental Health Counseling
7. PC655 Grief Counseling
8. PC690 Biblical Counseling Practicum
PC695/CM695 Disciples In Motion Ministry Practicum
Each course in both programs has a tuition rate of $600 for First World Students and $150 for Third World Students. Although these two new courses do not officially begin until next fall, we are offering courses this 2018 Spring Semester which can be credited toward one or the other of these degrees including Biblical Hermeneutics, Pastoral Care and Counseling, The Book of Acts, and The Life and Teachings of Jesus the Messiah.
If you are interested in applying for one of these MA degree programs or have any questions, please email Dr. Glenn Giles (email@example.com). Please click here for an application form or visit our website at www.rmsmt.org.
Blessings and Joy from RMSMT!
Glenn Giles, PhD
Denver, CO USA